Safer Moving and Handling (People)
The moving and handling of people is a regular task in health and social care and if it isn't done safely, can cause serious injury to both service users and staff.
This full day course will equip learners with practical skills and knowledge of safe and effective handling techniques.
Poor moving and handling techniques could seriously injure you and/ or your patient. Update your knowledge and techniques with this course designed by our expert trainers.
On successful completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe and apply the safe and correct manual handling techniques and equipment.
- Describe and apply legislation, policy and procedures for identifying, assessing and controlling manual handling risks.
- Describe and apply ergonomic principles and capabilities to prevent or minimise injury to self, co-workers and customers.
- Identify hazards and risks within their workplace relating to moving and handling.
The course will cover:
- Legislation: HASAWA 1974; MHOR 1992; LOLER 1998; PUWER 1998; RIDDOR 2013; SVGA 2006.
- General statistics related to Manual Handling
- The Spine and its functions/Back care
- Controversial Handling Techniques
- Balanced decision making (East Sussex Case)
- The Safe Principles of Manual Handling
- The Falling Service User (NAS Safer Handling of People Policy)
- Risk Assessments
- Problem solving/Case studies
- Practical: Hoists; Slings; Slide Sheets; Wheelchair manoeuvres; Sam Hall turner; Solo turner; Handling belt;
- Transfer boards; Zimmer frames; Mobilising techniques
- Quiz covering course content
- Buy combivir without a prescription
- How to buy arava online
- How do i get farxiga for free
- Where can i buy caduet over the counter usa
- Nexium anxiety disorder
- Where can i buy voltaren gel in the usa
- Celebrex online purchase
- Buy xtandi online
- Can you buy diflucan otc
- Where to buy zyloprim pills