This course is designed to make learners aware of the key health and safety issues and the part that they should play in keeping themselves and others free from harm in the workplace. Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. However, employees also have a vital part to play in the equation; they need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
Who should attend?
This course is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of colleagues, customers, contractors and the public. This course is tailored to meet business and individual needs to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose.
What will I learn?
On successful completion of the course, the learner will demonstrate that they are able to:
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Contribute to any health and safety management system
- Explain the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Explain the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Identify the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Describe how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
What will it cover?
The content should equip workers with the right skills and knowledge relevant to their role and care setting. To confirm understanding and update delegates of their duties in relation to Health and Safety at Work legislation the following content will be covered as a minimum requirement:
- Define a health and safety culture
- Define levels of individual and organisational responsibility
- Complete basic risk assessments
- Define the procedure for accident reporting
- Describe how to reduce the risk of injury during manual handling operations
- Explain the correct use and maintenance of PPE
1 day course.
Maximum number of delegates