Safer Moving and Handling (Loads)
The moving and handling of objects is a regular task in all aspects of work and if it isn't done safely, can lead to serious injury to yourself or others.
This half day course is designed to refresh and develop the skills needed to meet legal requirements and assist employers to remain compliant. The course is practical and role specific to allow development of personal skills and attributes.
On successful completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe and apply the safe and correct manual handling techniques and equipment
- Describe and apply legislation, policy and procedures for identifying, assessing and controlling manual handling risks
- Describe and apply ergonomic principles and capabilities to prevent or minimise injury to self, co-workers and customers
- Identify the hazards of manual handling
- Identify the risks involved and controls available
- Identify what to expect from a manual handling assessment.
Do you need some advice?
Discuss your training requirements today with one of our expert advisers.
The course will cover:
- Legislation: HASAWA 1974; MHOR 1992; LOLER 1998; PUWER 1998; RIDDOR 2013
- General statistics related to Manual Handling
- The Spine and its functions/Back care
- The Safe Principles of Manual Handling
- Risk Assessments
- Problem solving/Case studies