Equality and Diversity+
This course combines Equality and Diversity, Bullying and Harassment, and Whistleblowing content.
The aim of the course is to improve the culture in an organisation so that employees feel comfortable whistleblowing where necessary. In order to enhance the learning experience, the course contains real-life scenarios where whistleblowing has helped prevent disaster and examples where it could have done.
The course will cover:
- What is whistleblowing?
- Why should you whistleblow?
- Legal protection from whistleblowing
- Protected whistleblowing categories
- Whistleblowing disclosures
- Gagging clauses in employment contracts
- How should you report whistleblowing?
Bullying and Harassment:
- An outline of the law surrounding bullying and harassment at work
- How the Equality Act affects the decisions you make at work
- Spotting the signs of bullying and harassment
- Challenging and reporting non-compliant behaviour
- Dealing with bullying and harassment in the workplace
Equality and Diversity:
- Understanding Equality and Diversity
- What does equality and diversity mean?
- Relevance to everyone
- Benefits to organisations and individuals
- What the law says
- Protected characteristics covered by the Equality Act
- Forms of "less favourable treatment": direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment/bullying and victimisation
- Discrimination by association and perception
- Positive action versus positive discrimination
- Breaking down the barriers
- Understanding prejudice
- Challenging unacceptable behaviour
- How to escalate issues, when necessary.